Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mush-Room
















I had a rough night on Friday for my work and went to sleep around 8:30AM the next morning. Sammy came to bedroom and told me that our friend Marion brought a giant mushroom. So, might just be bigger or much larger. I have to tell you that I can not believe my eyes. It is about the size of a volleyball. No kidding! Marion got that from our farmer's market that morning and the seller told her that it is soft and has a texture of Tofu. Well, we did not get a chance to cook until today.

It was a nice sunny day this afternoon. We decided biking to Eclipse for brunch. That is something that we always love to do and have not done for a while since we took on the green house project. When we were on the way, my mom spotted a big mushroom. We did not stop to take a close look since we were worried that grumpy Jana will close her restaurant before we got there even before 3:00PM. After we did have a satisfying meal, we decided to go back to check that mushroom. It was exactly the same freaking giant mushroom we have.

This evening we was thinking of how to cook it. When I cut it open, it has this very scream white texture and very soft. It took us for a while to figure out how to cook it. It freaks me out a bit. Finally, we did a soup, grilled some thick pieces sandwiched with some pork. It does not have much flavor and does not soak other flavors in much either. Just very odd. I am glad that we did resist the temptation to pluck that one. Sometimes just wish that we never try it.

Well I went to dictionary.com to check what exactly "mush" means. One of them is "any thick, soft mass". This one is sure one freaking thick soft mass filling a giant room. Once is enough for me.

Can not wait to share with all of you

No comments: