Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Canned Tomato








We started last year to do home-made canned tomato. We did enjoy the whole winter that followed-especially making my trademark dish Spaghetti with Chines Meat Ball. It was totally home-made since the tomato was from our garden. This year we had to purchase some from our Farmers'market since our garden did not produce enough. It was a busy Sunday. Sammy made Cheese Cake for Mary's dinner before we changed gear to do the canned tomato.

Mary's dinner was wonderful. She is a great artist creating beautiful stuff. She is brutally honest and a proud liberal. I hope that my mind can still be sharp and young like her when I am beyond 80 if there is a 80 for me. I just feel very luck to have a lot of ordinary but extraordinary wonderful people around.

Well here they are

3 comments:

Sam said...

we'll make it way beyond 80.. if we keep jarring fresh, local produce.

FS Thomas said...

You lucky duck.

All our tomatoes were dormant most of the summer and only now have started to bear any fruit. Or veg.

Tricia's been freezing them by the bagful as they yield really good tomato gravy when frozen.

FS Thomas said...

80!

Obscene!

I give you this in exchange.

http://tinyurl.com/4qcv2a