Saturday, December 30, 2006

What A Marvel!

Chic Mod Water Cube and Rustic Bird's Nest. Here they are

Main Stadium and the Acquatic Center for Bejing Olympics. It surely has gone through a full cycle in so short time. I was never able to imagine that Chinese could dream this big when I was kid. I was anxiously looking forward to the American dream when I stepped of my homeland and into a totally new one. I just can not be happier that Chinese finally can have dream big and for the better. I hope that the upcoming Bejing games will stage not only the modern marvels that Chinese is capable of but also humanity accumulated throught her 5000 year civilization that is yet to rediscover.











3 comments:

Sam said...

I can't believe how cutting-edge and imaginative these ginormous design projects are. Those other pictures you found yesterday, of the close-ups of what actually makes all those cells in the water building are so simple, so imaginative, and really appropriate for such a building. The design projects that were mounted in Atlanta for the '96 Olympics really pale in comparison: all imbued with that fake historicism that I loathe. These are so forward-looking, sculptural, and inspiring. More like meta (self-referenctial or self conscious) functional artworks within which dramatic events unfold.

Steven said...

Surely they are self-referential. Water is the very basic element of life and nest is the habitat for all the living being.

Sam said...

Let's go to Beijing next year and see diving, volleyball, and gymnastics, K?