Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Touch!




I have worked a whole day on painting moulding. When we looked for moulding for the bottom edge of upper cabinets, I almost exhausted all the moulding in Lowe's. Surely it did not have many groovy ones. I almost gave up before I found this relative less striking pattern - reed bundle with maple leaves. We both just loved it. Well the store only had 3 pieces and couple pieces short of what we needed. We bought all of them. Since, we had checked the store every time we went to local lowe's to no avail. Finally I had to stop by another lowe's store on the way to work. Well I was lucky to find the last couple pieces.

I started experiement with different combination among brown, red and blue for faux painting. We love the blue as base, brown for shadow and red on leaves. The turnout is just amazing, Sammy thinks that David Hicks would give A+ if he lived today. It is beautifully rustic! Ideas have evolved along with the progress of renovation. It has been taken ourselves by surprise.

Mod on the floor, rustic above the celling and Zen in between. We have had every elements we desir before even realized them.

The moudling is just the magic touch!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart your kitchen!