Sunday, March 01, 2009

Back to Atlanta Series - Our Garden















This is the house that ignited my passion toward gardening. Natural woods in the back, magnificent Japanese Maple on the side, gardenia which gives me a long lasting inspiration for flower arrangement. It taught me that the beauty of gardening resides in harmonizing our creation with the one from the Nature.

I still miss our lady bank climbing rose. It is so naturally mingled with fig vine underneath in front of our house. It is simply warm and elegant at the same time. I experimented having Asiatic lily growing out above monkey grass. I am trying to recreate here in Ohio to create a dynamic garden - one background with different looks through the seasons. I still crave for the smell of Chinese sweat olive tree.

We may go back to see our retro mail box that Sammy created and our giant bamboo vase. Hope that we still can see the green house we built from old windows salvaged in the hood and our fountain for koi fish. We had to leave after three year hard work and finally witness the vision turned into reality. What I missed most is the sanctuary for me to practice yoga and tai chi chi gong.

3 comments:

Sam said...

we need to make a tai chi sanctuary in our back garden here, just as soon as winter ends. This year is the year.

Ice John's World said...

Your garden is great! So many beautiful flowers!

r. said...

and out!! But your present house looks even