Friday, October 06, 2006

No One Can Cross The Same River Twice!

Routine becomes routines of almost everyone's life. Like my daily routine, get up at 6:30Am reluctantly, brush my teeth & take a shower, get dressed, grab my breakin and lunch box. then do one thing driving for 1 hour and twenty minutes, work in the office building for the whole day before another 1 hour and twenty minutes drive.

Sometime people finally get tired of their routines and switch to another ones. I am not fond of long drive but I have been fascinated with the change of surrounding. Summer turns into fall before winter draws close. Crops grow through its full life cycle. Their massive volume makes a perfect nature rug - green for Spring, Gold for autumn and maybe finally white for winter. Wild flowers and ground covers create gardens on their own together. Texture and Colors of trees and bushes constantly give me small clues and big ideas for my flower arrangement. Well it is always beyond my imagination. I can breath the freshness and sense mystrious fog. But it is within my reach but out of my touch.

This reminds me of what a famous philosopher once said - No one can cross the same river twice. I am just eager to catch the moment every time I cross. Well here are some of those moments taken when I drove:









2 comments:

Sam said...

Keenly aware of routines lately too. Some of them are wonderful, like the routine of going to the outdoor market on Saturdays. Boy todays sure was beautiful! And the routine of going to the office (/farm) is a little too much lately [have to go there in a few minutes... on a Saturday afternoon :( ]. And JingXia's routines, they are so in the foreground! We share a driveway with our new neighbors, and she sweeps a line right down the middle, every morning! It's kind of embarrassing, ours all clean and leaf-free, theirs a mess. And I have a new routine of cleaning the microwave with windex everytime I use it, because it always is dirty from her food-clad hands (she needs to develop a routine of washing her hands while cooking, alas). I'm so OCD.

john said...

I love morning drives. It gives me time to think about what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the day.