Monday, January 19, 2009

Go Local








It appears that every once a while, we have another food recall from salad green, tomato to peanut butter happening right now. Every time it takes a quite while if not ever to figure out the source. A lot of food has to be destroyed and wasted because of how the food is processed and distributed. Despite Federal advice to put off eating foods that contain peanut butter, we are very comfortable to make peanut butter & Jelly sandwich since we have been using our local produced organic peanut butter. After the jar is empty, we take it to our favorite Village Bakery and get 50c for the recycle.

So coincidentally Sammy was making this very interesting pasta dish tonight. I suddenly realize that Go Local is becoming a part of our life without realization. We have our favorite Wild Mushroom Rossi Pasta made in Marietta, OH (used to make in Athens), chicken sausage of King Family Farm from our Athens Farmers' Market and yogurt from Village Bakery made from our local dairy Snowville Creamery's whole milk. They are organically grown or naturally raised.

We produce our own vegetable in summer and fall in our own garden or buy some from our Farmers Market. And jar some for the winter. After all, wonderful food and be satisfied to support our local farmers.

I have to show Sammy's cute presentation with Chinese Zodiac figures. Hope that Ox year brings good health and happiness for everyone.

4 comments:

Sam said...

mister, don't forget the locally-made WINE in our pasta too!! Thanks Amanda.

Sam said...

mister, don't forget the locally-made WINE in our pasta too!! Thanks Amanda.

r. said...

Wild 'shroom pasta? YUM!!! *I wanted to say YUMYUM like Clint from Grand Torino. haha!* As far as shape goes, I think my fave is the bucatini. What's yours? I love pasta, but I tend to overeat AND over-service to Alec. sigh! I think I'll make an egg, cheese n' cilantro pasta tonight. I wonder how that would taste! eeek!

Steven said...

My favorite is angel spaghetti. My self claimed signature Americana dish is Italian Spaghetti with Chinese meat ball(lion head).