Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter After All

It is still slight cold in the morning and evening. Nevertheless it is Spring time after all. Our backyard has been junkie looking since piles of cleanups wait to be hurled. Sammy went to Columbus to find a jacket for the GA Tech Architecture School Centennial Party on Friday. He bought a big piece of ham from the North Market.

After my chore in the yard on Saturday, I went to Grocery store while he started cooking this Easter Ham. As usual, he handed over his list to me - certain brand of unsalted butter, FAGE Total Honey Yogurt, Cod fish in two packages..... I had to check the item off when it is in my cart to avoid his bitching of missing ingredients. I am always amazed at how rigorously American follow a recipe as Bible is followed literally. While I was wondering between aisles, I run into our great friend Mary Dewey. She is this 80 plus year old artist with a incredible youthful soul. She asked how I think about David Sedaris's story telling in Athens. It happened last Tuesday night that Dewey folks sat the row right behind Sammy and me. We talked how much we loved his unpublished piece of Obama wave in Europe. I just knew yet another burst of laughter is about to send my way from Jamie(Mary's daughter in law) when David's punch line was on the way such as "Elect your own black president".

European never thought that we could ever elect a black to be president. Well I guess that there is a good reason. Mary said that I do not blame that David lives in Europe. Finally we had someone have a good brain in White House. But that is not enough when Texas education board opened a back door to allow intelligent design taught in public school as a science sort by not telling the time that scientists think the universe were formed. Yeah it could be hundred million years or maybe 6 or or 7 thousands by God sort of. Then Mary told me that when her daughter Robin went to the elementary school, the principal was so proud to tell her how "religulous" the school is. She could not believe her ears and told the principal that is illegal to do so. She went to the boss of the principal and complained. The practice stopped for good.

As Bill Maher joked about, we dumped a lot trash into the ocean as we are doing to the space. It estimated that the trash dumped into Pacific ocean is already twice the size of Texas. Just hard to imagine somewhere has more white trash than Texas for real.

At the end, Mary said to me happy Easter after all.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Mister, Mary is most definitely an old soul, not a young soul. I think you mean that her youthful, progressive outlook belies her chronological age? I wish Mary were our neighbor and we saw her much more often.

r. said...

Did you get some almond jello or grass jelly? Next time I'll head out with you and we'll get some boba milk tea! :-)

Ice John's World said...

Mary is surely a very wise person! Great comments she made and great post you wrote!