Wednesday, July 05, 2006

When Can I Take Pride of My Job?

We have been working crazily hard to have house painted. We were siting on the porch and having a quick lunch last Saturday. Here came our mail man. First he introduced himself and said how much pride he takes of his work. His name is Charlie Rose. Of course he has the same as this late night talk show host. Fam..ous!! He just had to remind us of that and his middle which he emphasized that is the same as a famous athlete. I did not have a clue whoever that famous one is.

I just had a bricker with Sammy since my paint job was just never up to his satisfaction. This postman came in the middle of steaming hot day with a lot of enthusiasm and pride. I was not even allowed to take pride of my pity paint job. What a shame!

He surely impressed us with his great memory since he came back later to suggest that we should have all the receipients on the mail box. He named all of us including my mom's chinese name accurately after we just told him once. Everytime when my former bosses preached chorus about how passionate they were about their jobs, I could tell that they were barely able to cover the craps coming out of their a$$es. They were so not genuine.

I certainly could see that the passion flew out from Charlie. At the end, he told us that he is the best. But he does not like to brag about it himself(he surely does not?*^). "I want you to say that I am the best" as he steped down to the next door. We are surely lucky to have you as our postman Charlie!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Oh Mister, i'm sorry i've been critical of your painting. Well, it all turned out fabulously in the end. Now we have a whole nother floor to paint!