Thursday, July 09, 2009

accumulation









As a Chinese, I know that we are good at accumulation of money. Did I just say "we". I am not sure how much of that "we" I am now. I went to lunch to Columbus' North Market with my Chinese friends at work. One of my Chinese co-worker mentioned that she starts shopping in Whole Pay Check(Food) for meats. The reason is that one of her friends does the research in OSU and told her that some strong evidence shows hormone fed meat increase the risk of cancer. I remember that my nephew told my mom that he stopped eating in his favorite KFC since the fried chicken might cause man boobs a long while ago when he was in elementary. I laughed at where he dug that out.

As I always say that I am Chinese enough to bitch about our Chinese. Money seemingly accounts for disproportionate importance to our over all richness. I have been reminding my Chinese friends that life and health are also about accumulation. "Eat healthily" is a part of accumulation of our health as well as "exercise physically and mentally". I wish that we apply the money management savvy to other aspects of life. Preaching does not help until people come to realization. I thought that our Chinese are hopeless. Now I can hope. I am so glad that she finally realizes worthiness. Well I consider we are lucky to live in a community that people are so believing in local, natural, wholesome and organic. I do not have to go to Whole Pay Check to break my bank account. Instead we have our great Farmer's Market. And after all, we grow our own vegetable all along.

1 comment:

Sam said...

and thank GODDESS we've managed to stop JingXia finding "bargains" on meat at the local Wal*Mart. My next campaign: NO MORE MEAT FROM KROGER!!

We've gotta start buying the everyday bits of pork you two put in every dish you cook from our local farmers.