Saturday, July 04, 2009

























We were planning to go hiking for a couple of days for the long July 4th weekend.Well 50% rain possibility made us a bit hesitate. We wind up staying at home. Finally I played outdoor volleyball for the first time this year. My whole body is just aching. How our muscle works fascinates me. I run 3-4 miles and do some weight stuff and do not feel much impact since it is a routine that I do 2-3 times a week. But my body just aches when I start playing VB after a month away. All the jumps, maneuvers and spikes certainly use very different muscles. Or simply just get too old and have to admit it.

We had a great fun when Sammy's moms visited us. They are very low maintenance ladies. Last weekend, we went to Cincinnati to pick up my mom and spent a day to visit Underground Railway Freedom Museum and got lost in IKEA.

I did some gardening as usual and took some photo as well. I experiment growing lamb ears left by previous owner. It attracts hundreds of bees without exaggeration. So glad to do something for shrinking bee population. Everything we do have impact with the surrounding we rely on. Hope more positive than negative.

I have to show the Chinese Zodiac chain that my cousin bought in Shanghai and my mom brought to us. It is three dimensional, very folkloric and authentically beautiful.

Hope that everyone has great July 4th holiday.

3 comments:

Sam said...

i'm so glad that thing in the 4th picture (anybody know it's name??) has finally bloomed.

Ice John's World said...

Great that you guys have a nice long weekend. Beautiful garden as usaul. And Sammy's "moms"? How many does he have?

Steven said...

He has four moms. So do I. They are Pat, BC, my mom and his step mom Norma. Does it confuse you more^^