Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sampling Our Athens hood












It is finally toward the end of my oncall week. It has been brutal. After several bad outage, I also have to stay two nights up to 6:00AM for the release. Somewhere I feel much liberated even though handover is still a day away. I woke up at 7:00AM and felt bike riding. This time I carried my fancy camera to catch some of town. I cruised a lot in our hood, took pictures of the best street Elmwood, our friend Julie's Hippie garden and this garden from a lady who overhauls her garden every year. And one of Sammy's favorite house in repainting. Then I headed to the bike path along Hocking River to snap some pictures of My favorite nurser White Mill and our Athens community garden.

2 comments:

Sam said...

that is exactly what we need to have done to our house next: strip the 85 years of paint off, down to the wood, and start over. That house down the street is looking so good, they should just polyeurethane the thing and let it look like a giant finished piece of furniture.

Ice John's World said...

Beautiful pictures! It sounds like Sam wants to do a makeover of you guys' house!