Sunday, June 18, 2006

Darwin's Theory Of Gardening

Finally, we have our new house now. I am totally exhausted after hard work of two and half days. We rent a kind of electrical spade to scrape out the ugly ninoleum floor for the wood floor underneath. It almost vibbed my head off after two and half days. Mission is accomplished for real. Certainly it is hard, hard work, Mr. President!

Now back to my Darwin's theory. When we were there, we had a chance to meet our new neighbor Jane and her dog Annie. She is this middle aged, friendly, hippy lady. We talked about her dog and our dog Trotty.

Not long before she asked me if I do planting. Here we go. It is my favorite topic again. We became instant friends. She showed her back yard and her plants. She has a lot of my favorites for sure - peony, day lily, Dahlia, hosta. Somehow, It is just hard for me to describe her garden. She might sense my wondering and summed up her philosophy for gardening, which is just planting something somewhere as whoever likes. Some might happen to do well and they are the keepers. Goodbye to the rest or the rest goodbye to her. It sounds very Darwinism. The nature selects the good ones and eliminates the weak ones. Well I hope that you all get the picture of her garden now.

I can tell that she is very passionate about gardening just as I am. I think that it all matters having fun and enjoying gardening! But I can tell that she is somehow frustrated with the outcome of her effort. I feel for her since It happens to me too. This makes me wonder that it would be lovely if Intelligent Design is here for all frustrated gardeners.

Well just one problem? As claimed, Human Being was created by this God's Intelligent Design. Certainly a bunch of gorgeous beings and a lot more ugly ones. Then how are we gonna know who gets the pretty garden powered by the Design of whatever's Intelligence?

1 comment:

Sam said...

I hate that darned survival of the fittest bit. I want everything in the garden to do equally well. Steven, when the brocolli and the strawberries mature, we need to invite Henry over to pick them (Henry is the 7 year old that just moved out of 308 State).