Sunday, August 05, 2007

Day Is Hot



It was hot in the day time up to 97F. I tried to sketch my vision -prairie style. The inspiration comes from a rain garden presented in Garden Design. It immediately connected me with our experiementing in Atlanta garden to grow daylily among monkey grass. The style really catched my imagination. Every time I called the vision as the rain garden when I tried to explain to my gardening friends. It confused people a bit. Then I realize that it is more appropriate to call it a prairie garden. It seems that I never heard this terminology before it comes to my mind. Afterward, I see the reference a quite bit. The most vivid reference is presented in front of my eyes every days when I drive through the open wild landscapes many times between Athens and Columbus. But it is just intriguing to suddenly come to realization. It is simply natural, can be chic and low maintenance. Well before we get there, we have to dig out all the lawn and plant monkey grass. Heck a lot of work !





1 comment:

Sam said...

i can't believe how well those nasturtiums have done this year. finally. next year we'll plant many, many more.