Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Prairie Garden In My Mind
















Summer surely comes at us fast. It is 2/3 way through. I really can not count much of what we have achieved so far. I have this idea to transform my junk looking front yard into this natural, controllable, and chic prairie garden. So far I has not even dig an inch dirt yet. All the monkey grass is still living temporily in our vegetable garden and daylily are still sitting in potts. What else some mail order plants are yet to deliver .........

When Summer draws to the end, winter will not be far away in Ohio. I just have to get busy. I hate to dig dirt. it is hard, hard work. I just have to keep that beautiful prairie garden in my mind.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Beautiful pics. Carole's tree sure is doing well! Sorry i have to be strapped to my damn desk and won't be able to help dig those inches. Don't forget bout all those hundreds of inches we've already dug.

thephoenixnyc said...

Great pictures Steve. Thanks for sharing them. I am anxious to see how the Garden I planted at my parent's suburban home is faring. I am going there tomorrow.

Steven said...

Hi Phoenix:

Have fun to work on your garden tomorrow. I am going to dig dirt tomorrow as well.

Curtis said...

I often do the newspaper/mulch thing. It works well and is easy. Cover the area you wish to plant with three sheets of newspaper. Water just enough to keep them in place, then add a heavy layer of mulch or shredded leaves. I like to do this in the spring and let it stay for one season to kill off all grass. Next season, dig your holes and plant. The newspaper bio-degrades.

easy!