Monday, August 06, 2007

Our Wonderful Friends in the Old Hood


A year ago we were surely not certain what this adventure would bring by moving from metro Atlanta to mini Athens, OH. Now we have so well settled in this great hippie college town. Atlanta is where I stayed the longest period since I came to this country and Sammy had lived all his life right before we moved. I can make a laundry list what we do not miss that city. But a few things always brings our mind back to that city. One of them is our neighorhood friends where we lived. A most sweet old couple Sadie and Frank - we just loves Sadie's Brooklyn accent. We love to hang out with them, Sandra and Marianna and our favorite couple Keith and Debbie who were finally married last year after some 25 years together. We had many dinners and parties together but not nearly enough. Three and half years was so short but great memory lives.

Debbie just sent us the pictures of their newly renovated bathroom. I just have to show whoever read my blog. It is simply beautiful. The color and texture are just well complemented each other. With their permission, I am pleased to present it here. Keith, sweat equity , nicely done. Garden re-invention looks great too. Now we have to work hard to convince you that Athens is the place for your retirement. I have all testimonial ready- from my gardening friends, real estate agent, fine arts professor, hippies from Farmers' market and other do-nothings who are currently enjoying retirement here.

Well, at last not least, where is our little precious, precious princess? We love to see her testimonial of mom and dad's new achievement.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Great job Keith and Debbie! I love that mustard color with the black and the natural slate colors. 1207lynd

Anonymous said...

Yes, it turned out swell. Especially after I ripped out the old vanity and left huge holes in the wall only to discover bead board (thanks Sherwin Wms for matching the paint to the cabinet); was 8 tiles short of covering the floor and had to use some that "didn't quite match" (the tile man did a great job mixing them up) AND after painting the purple all red, only to change it to gray a week later. Yikes. I'm sure it pales in comparison to your renovations. Yes, Athens maybetheplaceforme someday. It sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the posting.