Monday, August 27, 2007

Lotus Is In My Imagination


When I grew up in China, one thing I loved to do in the summer is to go to the pond to pick up lotus pods. It holds a lot fresh lotus seeds. They are just so tender, crispy and a bit sweet. We love lotus root as well. I miss my hometown speciality -lotus root soup so much. However it is a painstaking, skillful job to pull the root out of mud since the root is straight down and comprised of many blocks. You can imagine if the root is broken in the middle, it is very hard if not impossible to pull the rest out of mud. The most amazing is its leaf . Its elegance rises above water and out from water. It represents a virtue - keep purity coming out of muddiness.

I know It is not even close to catch your beauty and spirit in my arrangement. But it continues carrying.............



1 comment:

thephoenixnyc said...

gorgeous