Sunday, February 01, 2009

Life Takes all Forms




Have you ever heard a plant named "mother of thousands"? It is low maintenance to keep it alive and thriving but does take a bit effort to pick all the little mothers of another thousands to grow. By nature, human being tend to cherish less when something comes by easily. My neighbor told me then that this plant would grow too leggy. She gives up on it.

Well, When I got an Ikea round shallow pot and started to create a miniature Zen garden with succulents, mini figures, bridge and temple. I thought that it needs some high structures. Since nothing came to my mind handy, I put a couple of mothers which were nearby then. Since the pot has been moved in the house for the winter. These two baby moms grow into adult leggy ones. I feel that my Zen baby has a hippie mom. It is a meticulous tranquility living somehow with a sort of harmony between disarrays.

Once a while, Sammy accuses me of garden Nazi if I deny his ideas. I do not think that Nazi should never associate with gardening. Well, somehow we will tend to follow our own ways or philosophies to conduct. Most likely our ways could be single minded or narrow. But life takes all forms which have the beauty in their own ways. Yeah my struggle is going on. But I can let my hippie mom tend my Zen baby. After all, they both are Nature worshipers.

Mother of Thousands can take you by surprise with beautiful orange trumpet flowers.

1 comment:

r. said...

Garden Nazi. Hilarious!! Ooh, okay, am gonna check my email now. I see you! :-)