Friday, May 19, 2006

Finally in Athens, OH

Sammy and I went to a loan company in town to apply for the mortgage today. We were told that I am still qualified to be a co-borrower for the loan even though I am officially unemployed^^. My limited asset somehow qualifies me for the loan.

It has been a crazy week for us. We had to work hard to be ready for the mover and the house closing. Meanwhile rented a Uhal to move all our plants to Athens ourselves. Among them, the most difficult part was to have BuBu(Bark us Bite us)put down. I was so fraid that Sammy would not be able to see him the very last time. Troty fought very hard and made it. We are missing him very much.

We barely made for the house inspection for our soon-to-be home on Wednesday. It is a charming house. Certainly a lot of work to make it our own. That is always a fun part.

I had a chance to sample some pieces of Athens - walked to Ohio Univ Jazz concert, had a lunch in the village bakery a couple block from the house, visited Donkey coffee shop. The town gives me a sense that life is real. I start to realize that I am able to be part of it instead of feeling lost in the sea of crowd sometimes in Atlanta. But we certainly miss our relatives, friends and old neighors in ATL.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Crazy ones? Who are you talking about?? And tomorrow, we get to go to the Saturday Farmer's Market, and then to the International Festival! And maybe that Bettye Page movie?

It is easier to keep it real here, somehow.

Sam said...

It is nice to feel a part of this little town. I can't wait till we move in our house.