Saturday, May 06, 2006

Good Bye My Yard


I know that the days are numbered. I have to say bye to my garden here very soon. It has been ours for the past three years. The garden certainly has had its best after a lot of hard work and very amiable climate. Peonies had its best form. Hostas just show amazing very natural deep colors and texture. Jasimine is blossoming and the smell is just wonderful.

I did not do any packing today. Instead, I mowed grass and trimmed the edges. I guess that it might be the last cutting. And picked up annoying magnolia leave. A little daily routine is thought by Sammy as crazy and obsessive. Keith & Debbie walked by with their daughter Mini. She made fun of me. I know that I should care less now if I am able to. Well it is still mine and I want it looks its best when I hand over. I feel like a mom giving away her daughter to marry a guy. But she is just not certain if that person will treat her daughter well. It is just weird. Why do we attach to things?

2 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations on writing your first post Mister! It is sad leaving our house in the hands of these strangers, Jack & Jill. And i haven't even been able to enjoy the spring there in the garden. Don't worry, we'll find an even better place here.

PS.: it is MILLIE not mini, and Debbie would be horrified!!

Sam said...

And another thing: there seems to be NO MAGNOLIA TREES here. And very vew Azaleas. Yippee! No more garden cliches!